CHENGDU CLASSICS FOOD TOUR
After meeting your friendly, bilingual guide at a central location, you'll get snacking almost immediately. In addition to the delicious tasting stops, you'll learn about Chengdu's development, and its strategic importance in China's history. As dusk approaches, you’ll also snack your way through a market with other local shoppers, where you will learn about ingredients, food sources and the role that fast-disappearing markets play in the community and see first-hand how locals live. You'll end with a family-style meal over beer and local spirits with your newfound foodie friends. UnTour Food Tours is proud to partner with Chengdu Food Tours to offer this experience.
EAT LIKE A LOCAL
Taste one of the most classic local eats, guo kui, spiced meat and veggies stuffed in a fresh-baked or fried pita-like bread bun. Explore a local market and see exactly what ingredients go into making the freshest Sichuan cuisine.
DISCOVER EXOTIC FLAVORS
Find out why locals go crazy for rabbit heads slathered in mouth-numbing spice and many other new treats. Try local beer and some of China’s best small-batch baijiu spirits.
TASTE AUTHENTIC SICHUAN CUISINE
Dive into a variety of Sichuan-style noodles and dumplings, including Chengdu’s famous sweetwater noodles. Taste the famed Sichuan peppercorns to get your mouth buzzing.
SHARE A MEAL
Nosh on fried spiced breads & other street snacks before ending your evening with a family-style or hot pot dinner to sample even more dishes.
* Tastings subject to change based on availability
- Vegetarians are more than welcome and will find plenty to eat. We will make substitutions where possible.
- Vegans will have a more limited selection, but we are able to make some substitutions + add in more veggies at one stop.
- Celiac disease we are not able to make substitutions for those with celiacs disease as soy sauce is very prevalent in our tour stops.
- Nut allergies have not been a problem in the past, however we cannot guarantee that the utensils and other cooking tools have not touched any of the food tour ingredients. Please bring your epi pen or other meds to the tour if you choose to participate.
- Seafood/Shellfish allergies are not a problem, and you will not need to skip out on any dishes during the tour, but please bring your epi pen or other meds to the tour if you choose to participate in case of cross-contamination.
I ate new dishes, found some new restaurants and markets I'll return to, and I met new friends in the city. I highly recommend going!