Are you curious about Shanghai’s nighttime food scene? Do you like to drink wine, but haven’t been introduced to China’s international award-winning boutique wineries? Join us on a nighttime eating and drinking extravaganza, as we pair our authentic Night Markets foods with surprisingly delicious ‘Proudly Made in China’ wines. Everything you wanted to know about (good) Chinese wine, but were too afraid to ask!
We’ve selected three award-winning wines for an adults-only local nighttime food and drink extravaganza. You’ve never tasted local wine like this before!
- Start Time7 or 8pm
- Finish Time3 hours later
- Meeting PlaceExact tour meeting point instructions emailed upon booking - tour starts 15 min. walk south of People's Square
- PriceAdults US$90
- WhenSaturday, February 18 @ 8pm
Saturday, March 25 @ 8pm
Also available as a private tour
- InclusionsMore than 15 food samples from two seated tasting stops, generous samples of three award-winning wines, unlimited local beer and spirits, bilingual guide
At our first stop, you’ll taste Shanghai’s famous crayfish and spiced vegetable & meat kebabs while learning about the country’s diverse regional cuisines, including desserts from southern China. You’ll sample a rare sparkling Chardonnay from Shanxi province, as well as a 2014 Riesling from an award-winning Ningxia-based winery.
We’ll end the night at a homestyle Sichuan restaurant where the big flavors of the spicy region are paired with a hard-to-find biodynamic wine from inner Mongolia. Along the way, you’ll learn about what makes these wines unique, the Chinese wine industry and much more.
You’ll leave with new friends, a full stomach, and armed with the knowledge to impress at your next party.
We’ll get your tastebuds buzzing and leave your belly full or we’ll refund your ticket, no questions asked!
- Morganm74: Thanks for leading such a fabulous and fun night markets and wine pairing adventure! Jamie and Kyle were...
- Mustanzel69: Go hungry and thirsty! This was awesome! We sat and ate at 3 places as well as grabbed some different things from a couple...
- Michael B: I can't recommend this tour enough. We have never learned so much about the food and the culture behind the...