Beijing’s dinnertime cuisine is so much more than the crowded tourist markets featuring bugs and mystery meat on sticks! Join our small group food tour as we explore delicious, traditional dishes shoulder-to-shoulder with Beijingers in a traditional Hutong neighborhood. You’ll meet your bilingual guide and small group at a convenient location, then head out to try traditional dishes that Chinese chefs have been perfecting for thousands of years.
- Start Time7pm
- Finish Time10pm
- Meeting PlaceTour meeting point instructions emailed upon booking - tour starts near Beixinqiao Subway stop
- PriceAdults US$60
- InclusionsMore than 15 tastings at 3 seated stops, bottled water, soft drinks & local alcohol, bilingual guide, post-tour Beijing Welcome Pack with helpful restaurant recommendations, local travel tips & so much more to help make your stay in Beijing easy & fun
- Important NoteWe DO NOT visit the Wangfujing or Donghuamen Night Markets on this route. We believe China’s food is found where locals eat on a regular basis, not at places where eating pre-cooked food at over-inflated tourist prices is the norm
Cook your own meats and veggies in a traditional Mongolian-style hotpot, while learning about the influence these fierce warriors had on China’s history and culinary culture.
Chow down on a variety of the original dumplings. First folded in the frigid northeast 2,000 years ago, they are now a Chinese New Year’s tradition that’s just as delicious any time of year.
Try Beijing’s famed ‘sauced meat’ – a delectable local snack passed down through the ages.
Watch a Chinese-style crepe, known as jianbing made before your eyes – one of Beijing’s classic must-try dishes.
Sample the traditional jarred yogurt that Beijing’s can’t get enough of.
Find out why the fat-tailed sheep is one of the most prized for its flavour when you chow down on the lamb kebabs (and other veggies) grilled by a Chinese Muslim minority.
Taste Beijing’s most memorable, family-run, late-night spicy chicken wing joint.
Try one of the city’s most famous donkey burgers – trust us, it’s more delicious than you think.
Get sauced on the local beers and the world’s most popular liquor – you’ve never had anything quite like this before.
- DUTTG01: What a brilliant experience and the food was delicious! Thanks to Kyle for so helpfully doing an extra tour for our group...
- Sincly: What a revelation! We did this tour with our 3 boys and all of us had a brilliant time! We tasted food we would never...
- Darrin L: At each stop we had a variety of dishes that represented a region or style of cooking, and the flavors on the menu were...