UnTour Food Tours’ Health & Safety Protocols During Covid-19
UnTour Food Tours' Health & Safety Protocols During Covid-19
Updated September 9, 2020
**We are up and running our tours in all of our cities. To book your tour please click book now above or contact us.**
The health and safety of our guests, guides, and vendor partners is our number one priority at UnTour Food Tours.
When we first launched our company back in 2010, part of our mission was to support small, locally-owned restaurants and street food vendors who care deeply about the delicious food they serve. That mission is now more important than ever as the global economy shrinks and worldwide travel restrictions mean the pool of potential diners is smaller than ever. We’re working hard to ensure that these small businesses make it through until things get back to “normal”.
As avid travelers ourselves, we understand and share your concerns. In China, we are extremely lucky that the first wave of Covid-19 cases was contained and secondary outbreaks have been dealt with swiftly and efficiently. But we are still putting the health & safety of our travelers and team first. We are running tours in Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, and Chengdu, in accordance with local laws, and we are taking extra precautions during this time. Read More about our Covid-19 policies on our tours below.
Our Health & Safety Policies
- Private Tours: We are offering limited public tours during this time and encouraging our guests to book private tours instead so they can select their fellow travelers. To make it easier for our guests to book private tours, we have reduced the minimum number of guests from 6 guests to 4 guests on our most popular tours: Shanghai Street Eats-Breakfast, Shanghai Night Eats, Old Beijing Dinner, and Beijing Hutong Breakfast tours. To book a private tour, just contact us!
- Flexible Rescheduling Policy: Need to reschedule? No worries! If you need to reschedule your tour, you can do so up to 24 hours before the tour start time.
- Health QR Codes: We require all of our guests and guides to show green health QR codes before every tour.
- Face Masks: All guests are required to bring their own face masks on our tours. If you have any questions about where to buy face masks, please let us know. Guests may be asked to wear the masks while outside between restaurant stops.
- Hygiene: Either hand washing facilities or hand sanitizer will be provided by the guide at each stop.
- “Public” Chopsticks: Chinese food is served family-style, but each dish will be served using public chopsticks or serving utensils so the chopsticks you’re eating with will always be separate from the utensils we’re serving with.
- Social Distancing: We will social distance whenever possible on our tours.
- Our Vendors: All of our vendors must follow local government regulations, which require all employees to be symptom-free and have green QR codes.
- Temperature Checks: Please note that some of our vendors may require guests to submit to a temperature check.
- UnTour Food Tours and our guides have the right to refuse service to anyone not complying with safety protocols.
By booking onto any of our tours, you are agreeing to all of the above terms & conditions. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us!