Want to be part of a team that loves to eat? Join UnTour in promoting China as a cultural and culinary destination to guests from around the world. We are looking for a full-time Operations Manager to handle guest relations, manage bookings, and lead tours.
We are a top-rated walking culinary tour company. We cater to tourists and expats who want to know more about authentic local foods and neighborhoods. Since 2010, we’ve taken tens of thousands of guests on eating adventures in China, with extremely positive feedback and many guests reporting back that it was the highlight of their time in China.
What We Do:
Guided, informal, three-hour walking tours highlighting tasty, authentic eats, cultural tidbits, culinary heritage and history. Our guides don’t carry flags, and we mostly do small public tours in addition to corporate and educational groups. Each tour has 4-6 tasting stops in neighborhood restaurants that are popular with locals but may be intimidating for outsiders.
About the Position:
As the first point of contact for many UnTour guests, the Operations Manager should always keep in mind the mission of UnTour Food Tours is to make people’s trips to China, including planning their trip, easier and more enjoyable. Each interaction he/she has with a guest should be undertaken with that mission of five-star service as the goal.
As Operations Manager, no two days will ever be the same. Your day-to-day duties will consist of:
• Manage guest communications & oversee the booking process
• Assisting with the recruitment process
• Managing our team of freelancers, including guide scheduling
• Implementing ongoing projects, which may include activities such as marketing, design, content creation and process improvements
• Representing the brand at networking, industry and sales events
• Leading tours several times per month
• Fluent Mandarin & English
• Excellent attention to detail, communication and organizational skills
• Ability to learn quickly on the job
• Ability to work with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
• Positive attitude
• Desire to help others
• Love for China and Chinese food in particular
• Extensive China experience and knowledge
• 18+ months residency in Shanghai
• Experience with Adobe InDesign or other design software a plus
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your English resume to email@example.com, then fill out the linked Google form (VPN required) with further information.
UnTour Food Tours 是国内顶尖的美食向导公司，我们致力于服务想要深入了解上海和北京当地地道美食以及美食周边文化的外国客人。
• 有Adobe InDesign或者其他设计软件的经验优先