UnTour Food Tours is a top-rated walking culinary tour company made up of a small crew of passionate foodies. We cater to tourists and expats who want to know more about authentic local foods and neighborhoods. Since 2010, we’ve taken tens of thousands of guests on eating adventures in China, with extremely positive feedback and many guests reporting back that it was the highlight of their time in China.
What We Do:
Guided, informal, three-hour walking tours highlighting tasty, authentic eats, cultural tidbits, culinary heritage and history. Our guides don’t carry flags, and we mostly do small public tours in addition to corporate and educational groups. Each tour has 4-6 tasting stops in neighborhood restaurants that are popular with locals but may be intimidating for outsiders.
About the Position:
As the first point of contact for many UnTour guests, the Customer Experience Manager should always keep in mind the mission of UnTour Food Tours is to make people’s trips to China, including planning their trip, easier and more enjoyable. Each interaction he/she has with a guest should be undertaken with that mission of five-star service as the goal.
As Customer Experience Manager, no two days will ever be the same. Your day-to-day duties will consist of:
- Manage guest communications & oversee the booking process while maintaining a concierge approach to all customer communication to deliver exemplary service across all stages of the customer lifecycle
- Scheduling our team of freelance guides
- Implementing ongoing projects, which may include activities such as marketing, design, content creation, and process improvements
- The position will require 5-10 hours of work per week, depending on applicants’ efficiency, with weekend work limited to urgent situations only.
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Positive attitude with a demonstrated desire to help others
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly on the job
- Ability to work with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
- Love for China and Chinese food in particular
- 18+ months residency in China
- Customer service background preferred
- Experience with design software (Canva, Adobe InDesign, etc), Microsoft Excel, and Zapier a plus
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your one page English resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, then fill out the application via this linked Google form (VPN required).