Heard about Beijing’s hutong alleyways, but not sure what to do or where to go? Join us for breakfast as we sample the most authentic and delicious snacks that are hiding in plain sight, once you get off the crowded roads and into the backstreets. Wake up early and explore the culinary scene with our trusted vendors, your bilingual guide and a small group of new foodie friends. Over the course of three hours, you’ll eat your way through China’s 5,000 years of culinary history, try new foods and gain an appreciation for the artisans making these handmade treats.
We’ll meander through some of Beijing’s oldest, original hutongs – we don’t take you to rebuilt or crowded areas filled with tourists. Step away from the hotel buffet and explore a historic and local neighborhood, brimming with local vendors and hole-in-the-wall eateries.
- Start Time8am
- Finish Time11am
- Meeting PlaceTour meeting point instructions emailed upon booking - tour starts near Yonghegong (Lama Temple) Subway stop
- PriceAdults US$53
- InclusionsMore than 10 tastings at 4 seated stops, coffee or tea, bottled water, soft drinks & local rice wine, market visit, bilingual guide, post-tour Beijing welcome pack with helpful restaurant recommendations, local travel tips & so much more to help make your stay in Beijing easy & fun
- Important NoteThis experience is vegetarian- and kid-friendly
Taste silky smooth, freshly-made tofu pudding with a variety of savory toppings – this is not your typical tofu!
Taste the fermented elixir of health that old Beijing’s swear by.
Sample the prized traditional jarred yogurt that locals love.
Watch a Chinese-style crepe, known as jianbing made before your eyes – one of Beijing’s classic must-try dishes.
Taste a Beijing-style fried donut treat made at a local Chinese Muslim minority snack shop.
Sample some of China’s best steamed dumplings paired with fresh soymilk and Chinese crullers for dipping.
Sample aged Chinese rice wine that is used both for cooking and social drinking.
End on a sweet note with a delectable almond pudding or tea-flavored ice cream stall.
This experience is vegetarian- and kid-friendly.
We’ll tantalize your tastebuds and leave your belly full or we’ll refund your ticket, no questions asked!
- Owe H: Simply fab! Join one of the food tours offered by UnTour and you will get a lot of very good food and...
- PHOTOG20431: What a fun night! I got to meet new friends and try local cuisine and beer. We sampled everything from dumplings to snake...
- Leboi: The tour was a perfect mix of culinary and cultural education. I had the chance to try a number of restaurants and...