Some of Shanghai’s best food is found streetside in the morning hours. If you’re an early riser, come taste the Chinese breakfast of champions with our street food tour in the beautiful former French Concession. You’ll meet our trusted vendors selling classic local dishes from freshly-made soymilk and fried dough to steaming baskets of the city’s finest soup dumplings.
Step away from the hotel buffet and explore one of the city’s historic and stunning neighborhoods, brimming with local vendors and hole-in-the-wall eateries. We’ll end on a sweet note and you’ll have the rest of your day to explore the city’s sights, so come hungry!
- Start Time8am (also 9am on Sunday)
- Finish Time3 hours later
- Meeting PlaceTour start meeting point instructions emailed upon booking - tour starts at Xiangyang Park
- PriceAdults US$70
Children (6-12) US$35
- WhenSundays & Wednesdays
- InclusionsSamples equalling one very large meal, coffee or tea, bottled water & soft drinks, wet market visit, bilingual guide, post-tour Shanghai welcome pack with helpful restaurant recommendations, local travel tips & so much more to help make your stay in Shanghai the best
Discover the best way to eat two of the classic Shanghai pan-fried soup dumplings shengjianbao and guotie without burning your tongue – you’ll use this tip again and again while in China!
Sip on soymilk paired with Chinese crullers for dipping.
Visit a traditional wet market to see where locals shop and bargain for the freshest produce in the city.
Watch a Chinese-style crepe, known as jianbing made before your eyes – a crowd favorite!
Taste hand-pulled scallion oil noodles from a family-run shop – no dried pasta here – it doesn’t get fresher than this!
Sip innovative coffee brews, homemade fizzy tea or kombucha from the city’s hippest café – with a surprise dessert.
Sample some of the city’s best steamed dumplings xiaolongbao straight from the bamboo steamer basket.
Chow down on China’s take on the famed Portuguese egg tart for dessert – a sweet way to end a delicious culinary adventure.
We’ll tantalize your tastebuds and leave your belly full or we’ll refund your ticket, no questions asked!
*Each tour has 4-5 rotating seated stops offering a tasting of 10-15 dishes.*
- LavenderFive: If you like food, Untour is a great choice and we'd highly recommend this company. We had Kyle as our guide...
- andrewwest914: Highlight of my stay in Shanghai! Great tour. Great food. An experience that you couldn't get without the guides...
- Martina S: This tour is a great overview of the different types of Chinese cuisine on offer in Shanghai. You'll try things you...