SHANGHAI STREET EATS BREAKFAST
Some of Shanghai’s best food is found streetside in the morning hours. If you’re an early riser, come taste the Chinese breakfast of championswith our street food tour in the beautiful former French Concession. You’ll meet our trusted vendors selling classic local dishes from freshly-made soymilkand fried dough to steaming baskets of the city’s finest soup dumplings.
EXPLORE THE MORNING MARKETS
Step away from the hotel buffet and explore one of the city’s historic and stunning neighborhoods, brimming with local vendors and hole-in-the-wall eateries. We’ll end on a sweet note and you’ll have the rest of your day to explore the city’s sights, so come hungry!
START YOUR MORNING OFF RIGHT
Stroll through one of the former French Concession’s most energetic parks – and watch the retirees practicing tai qi, water calligraphy, line dancing and Traditional Chinese Medicine.
WATCH STREET FOOD MADE TO ORDER
Freshly made soymilk, local donuts, potstickers, the Chinese crepe that is becoming a sensation all over the world… you’ll watch your food being made before your eyes – then sit down to sample it when it is at its freshest.
SEE NOODLES PULLED BY HAND
It’s a culinary magic trick that will have you reaching for your phone. Watch as a block of dough is transformed into a bowl of delicious noodles – all in less than one minute.
EXPLORE A LOCAL WET MARKET
These bustling markets are where locals do their grocery shopping. Admire heaps of lily bulbs and bamboo shoots, see more varieties of tofu than you ever knew existed and find out why they call it a “wet” market in the teeming seafood section.
SLURP ON SHANGHAI’S FAMOUS SOUP DUMPLINGS
Find out how chefs get the delicious broth inside soup dumplings, the region’s most famous dish – and learn how to eat them without burning your tongue!
*Each tour has 3-4 rotating seated stops offering a tasting of 10+ dishes.
- Vegetarians are more than welcome and will find plenty to eat. We will make substitutions where possible.
- Vegans will have a more limited selection, but we are able to make some substitutions + add in more veggies at one stop.
- Celiac disease we are not able to make substitutions for those with celiacs disease as soy sauce is very prevalent in our tour stops.
- Nut allergies have not been a problem in the past, however we cannot guarantee that the utensils and other cooking tools have not touched any of the food tour ingredients. Please bring your epi pen or other meds to the tour if you choose to participate.
- Seafood/Shellfish allergies are not a problem, and you will not need to skip out on any dishes during the tour, but please bring your epi pen or other meds to the tour if you choose to participate in case of cross-contamination.
Highlight of my stay in Shanghai! Great tour. Great food. An experience that you couldn't get without the guides...
This tour is a great overview of the different types of Chinese cuisine on offer in Shanghai. You'll try things you...
If you like food, Untour is a great choice and we'd highly recommend this company. We had Kyle as our guide...